Flight Rating Analysis:
|Fairway Driver||High Glide provides extra distance||Balanced Stability for maximum versatility||Long, straight finish for extra distance|
Why Z-Line Plastic?
Z-Line is Discraft’s most rigid plastic, giving it superior torque resistance for maximum flight consistency. For this reason, Z-Line is the most popular of all Discraft plastics with professional players.
Recommended Weight: 160-174g
These light to heavy weight-classes provide the most versatility, generating controlled drives at moderate speeds, or longer, gliding drives when thrown with power.
- 160-166g: Maximizes Glide and release velocity, creating the farthest possible flights, but a lower level of wind-resistance
- 167-172g: Balanced performance, providing good distance balanced with good wind resistance and control.
- 173-174g: Maximizes control and wind-resistance; also a good option for power throwers.
“The global Ace Race evaluates a new Discraft prototype each year with the help of 20,000 testers, and last year the players were once again pleased with the results.
The design goal was to create a disc that is easy to control, holds an almost perfect line on all throws, and fits comfortably in most hands. The Sting achieved all of this.
Here’s what the disc can do:
- Holds an almost perfect line on big throws
- Even new players can hold an anhyzer line with long glide
- Rip it for high-speed hyzer flip drives
- Delivers long flights to reach maximum distances” Source